The Children on the Hill is committed to working with the City of Ottawa. Therefore, we require all potential parents to apply through The City of Ottawa Child Care Registry and Waitlist by adding “Children on the Hill” as one of their daycare choices.
The Children on the Hill Daycare waiting list is managed on a “first come, first served” basis while respecting the following principles:
As a worksite daycare, Children on the Hill follows a priority of admission procedure based on the following order:
- Children of employees working for either the House of Commons, the Senate, the Library of Parliament, the Parliamentary Protective Service or the Office of the Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner
- Note: Please indicate your employer as “Parliament” on the Ottawa registry and wait list application.
- Siblings of children presently attending the Daycare or who have left within 6 months
- Members of the Press Gallery
- All other children
To preserve the truly bilingual environment, spaces are assigned with a view to maintaining an equal number of Anglophone and Francophone children.
The Daycare is committed to maintaining a number of subsidized spaces to allow all children to benefit from a secure Daycare setting.
We are an inclusive Daycare working closely with the Children’s Integrated Services (CISS).
A sibling policy provides a means to prioritize a sibling entry into the Daycare, above other waiting list applicants, to achieve one or more of the following benefits:
- Enable siblings to attend the same Daycare facility together ("family oriented")
- Provide convenience for parents when more than one child is at the same facility – only one drop-off/pick-up
- Foster familiarity/continuity between staff and parent relations
- Provide siblings with a similar Daycare experience
- Make the Daycare an attractive option for growing families
Scope of sibling policy:
- The Children on the Hill Daycare will grant priority entry to siblings of children currently attending the Daycare or who have attended the Daycare within the previous six months, on a “first come, first served” basis.
- Entry of a sibling will be considered above all other children entry policies, when an appropriate space becomes available.
- The criteria regarding language and subsidized places will continue to be respected when determining space availability.
- It is at the discretion of the Director of the Daycare to prioritize entry when there are multiple applicants for a Daycare spot.
"Un endroit où il fait bon grandir"